The Ken W. Purdy Award is for a body of work or a specific piece of work that may be an article published in a newspaper or magazine during the calendar year preceding the award presentation. It may be a book published during the calendar year preceding the award presentation. It may be a script that resulted in a movie film or video released during the calendar year preceding the award presentation. Of, it may be a work that appeared online (Web sites, online news services, etc.) during the calendar year preceding the award presentation.
- The work must be in English. Ken Purdy wrote in English and the award is restricted to material published in English in its original form.
- The work must be published in a magazine or newspaper or appear in online form. If the work is a movie or video script, that script must be transformed into a finished movie or video and made available to the general public.
- The work must be about automobiles, motor cars, motorcycles, trucks, indeed, any automotive subject. The work can focus on any automotive subject (cars, trucks, motorcycles, engineering, design, etc.).
- The work must be aimed at the general public.
- The author must be a professional writer (one who earns his/her living by writing).
- An IMPA member must nominate the work.
- A journalism or communications professor from an accredited college or university.
- One IMPA member currently employed as an editor, senior editor, orsection editor (i.e. Automotive editor) at a magazine or newspaper.
- One IMPA member currently employed as a reporter or free-lance writer.
- One IMPA members currently employed in public relations. No two judges will have the same affiliation.
How to submit entries:
Send print-base entries, be it a magazine article, series of newspaper articles, book, movie or TV script, to IMPA. The judges will need one copy of the original, plus four photocopies. (In the case of a book, the judges will need four copies.) Send to: IMPA, 783 Old Queen Anne Road, Chatham, MA 02633.
Attach the entry label (photocopies are accepted) to the original with a paper clip. For the copies, please staple a copy of the entry label to each.
For Web-based entries, submit the entry in an email to email@example.com with the following in the subject line: Ken Purdy Award Entry. The body of the email will need all of the following information:
Date(s) of publication:
Are you an IMPA member (Y/N):
Your snail mail adress:Phone:
COMPLETE URL FOR THE ENTRY
ALL ENTRIES ARE DUE BY FEBRUARY 15.